Monday, June 27, 2011

File system Verification failed: My First Experince with Mac Mini

Today I bought brand new Mac Mini with snow leopard having good configuration as per my requirement, i.e.:

Configuration:
  • 2.4 Ghz Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor
  • RAM: 2 GB
  • HD: 500 GB
    I was really excited having new Mac mini. After booting the system, the first thing I said to myself was that how can I manage the data in single 320 GB hard disk as I love to manage the things in proper manner. If its fun time, I never even want to see “.doc,.xls, .ppt.. etc” in the same manner during working hour even Madona can irritate me! Thats why I tried to make two broad partition one for my work and other for Madona's latest albums.

    I moved straight forward to disk utility thinking of partition tab to make desired partition. But it throws an error message to me and that was “file system verification failed” I was like anyone passed 440V of current inside me!!

    Thinking of Mac OS is very smart it can handle many issues by itself, I restarted my Mac Mini, After booting, performing same action with the help of disk utility but found same error message. I tried to verify it using “First Aid”of disk utiltiy to verify and repair disk permission but said “Error: Disk Could not repaired”. It was like pain on my neck. I bought Mac mini just 2-3 hous before and it starting saying: file system verification failed with no reasons.

    I started searching forums, googling and contacting techies. After some reasearch, I found stellar drive toolbox with promise from developers side that is enough to manage and sanitize almost all mac hard disk isues. It was actually utility pack of more than 12 utilities among them I found “Volume repair” most suitable in the suituaiton like me facing.

    I started the utility with crossed fingure perform verify action for hard drive verfication and then do repair and rebuit simultaneously. After some seconds I saw one message one the screen saying “repair and rebuilt successful”.. Within the miliseconds, I found myself again on the disk utility interface trying to do two partitions of Mac hard drive. Even seeing that message I was still not pretty sure about it whether I can have two separate partitions or not. Obviously these are very exciting moments for me. But after few minute I found my excitement level increasing, the two partitions, Mac OS X & Untitle1 was infront of my eyes. Finally I can arrange my all documents in the way I want.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment